Because I’m that sort of person, I’ve upgraded to the just-released WordPress 3.0. Please let me know if you see anything that explodes for you on the site.
Archive for the ‘Site News’ Category
Seem like every site these days has a twitter account as well, and this one isn’t any different. Follow @thinkinginrails and I’ll be tweeting out interesting stuff from the community and not just “new blog post!” tweets. Here’s a select sample from the last few days:
- Congrats Jetbrains! RT @rubymine: [blog] RubyMine 2.0.2: RVM, Bundler, ruby-debug for Windows and more http://bit.ly/cmW0oB #
- Repeating DHH: RT @dhh: Good advice gets better with repetition. #
- Looking for your favorite podcasts for ruby and rails learning for a blogpost for thinkinginrails.com – please reply and RT! #
- Some neat notes on upgrading the resful authentication gem for Rails 3 http://is.gd/bIUwF #
- So if you publicly post how you’re unable to find a solution to a problem, you’ll find it 2 minutes later! http://bit.ly/aTeVmg #
- Great look at startup lessons learned from DropBox: http://bit.ly/9td5lV – Good ideas on when or not to deploy your Next Great Idea #
- Ruby 1.8.6 Policy http://bit.ly/dmuD0S /via @ruby_news – might be time to upgrade! Easy with RVM at least, thanks @wayneeseguin #
- Very cool! Y’all should check out @repopular for trending/interesting code repos. #rails #pimping #
- Woo! Just discovered the @railscoach podcast! On the downside, I now have 16 more unread podcasts #Ruby #podcast #
- Hoping that this is for all: RT @railsconf: Want to go to #RailsConf but can’t afford it? Apply for a scholarship: http://oreil.ly/aKLlmT #
- In DC and wanna hack on rails3? The hackfest info is here: http://is.gd/bzPfM #
If you’re looking for a good laugh, you can view the code that created this list (my first experimentation with Nokogiri) over at http://gist.github.com/382571. Any comments or patches appreciated. Or head over to this page on refactor my code and submit it there
For those of you who only read ThinkinginRails.com through the RSS, you might want to head to the actual site to check out the new logo that I just put up. Yes, I know it’s not overly exciting, but as a not-very-artsy guy, I’m pretty happy. Thanks to Photoshop, Picturesque, a clip art site for the royalty free clip art (after I realized I do not know how to draw), and a few random sites around the net for helping me figure out how to do some of the CSS positioning magic. Here’s what the page looks like now.
In an effort to get myself back in the habit of learning, I’m going to do a bit of a turn around here, and do a daily post. I’m wanting to make this a post that has actual content and use, not just a link blog (I have enough of those), with maybe one day a week being just ‘cool rails links of the week’ or a day off on Sunday. Hopefully this will be useful to others!