OK, just another silly diversion, and a bit of a silly list. Andrew mentioned Abstruse Goose to me in the #fv.rb channel, I responded with Not Invented Here, and well, I figured it’d be good to put a few down.
- XKCD – A given, should not even be mentioned. I insult you by even thinking that you wouldn’t already be subscribed. I’d also be insulting you if I implied that you shouldn’t forget that there are also forums and other community goodies that are just as good as the comic.
- Not Invented Here – Great cartoon about a programming shop, with a lot of “does he spy on me” moments lately. Case in point. Best of all it’s not that old so you can go and catch up fairly easily.
- Dilbert. An old staple of the pain that programmers working in the big tall buildings in the big companies feel. I fell out of love with Dilbert a while back, but something pulled me back in with a few cases where I’m pretty sure Scott Adams is working in my company. Here’s a prime example.
- I just found Abstruse Goose through this great R2D2 Hacking The Death Star post. Hooked and subscribed.
- Not exactly a comic, but the What Is Your Favorite Programmer Comic on StackOverflow has some awesome gems as well as some that aren’t part of any series.
- Joy Of Tech is an Apple oriented cartoon you’re sure to enjoy.
- Virtual Shackles is fairly new to me as well, but beautifully drawn, and funny as hell.
- Geek and Poke is a look at the modern socialnetworkconnectedtwittering world.
- Another not-programmer specific one, but you have to love The Oatmeal.
- Just a Bit Off. What more can you say about a comic that has a comic like this one. Oh my….
- Userfriendly is a site and community I’ve been involved with for a long time, and even though Illiad is in a “rerun” stage, this is a classic strip that deservies your attention.
- Generally speaking, programmers have completed some form of post-secondary education, meaning that PHD Comics will have some relatable situations.
- New: Out of print, but great to browse the archives is Hackles.
- New: I can’t believe I missed General Protection Fault!
- New: Designer oriented, still looks good: The Brads – example flash bashing - @andrewvit
- New: Ubersoft
Anyone got some suggestions of any that I’ve missed?
Updated: Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve added those to the list!